Friday, February 28, 2014

Clutch Purse

Decided to take a little break from the pinwheel album
to create this little clutch purse card holder.
My friend, Nancy, had just done one
and I couldn't wait until she
had time to show me how
she did it, so I googled it
and found this fabulous you-tube video
that shows you step-by-step.
It's by a Stampin' Up demonstrator in the UK.
 
Here's my first attempt. 
I must say that it's pretty easy.
The normal A2 cards will not fit,
but it's perfect to hold a set of cards and envelopes
for a pretty gift. It's made using the
We R Memory Keepers
Envelope Punch Board.
 
 
I used some DP from an old
Stampin' Up stash.
It features self closing "tabs".
There's one in the back that
tucks down into the box.
You can see the one in the front
that's used for the flap.

 
The ribbon is also from Stampin' Up.

 
The pretty flower "bling" is from ???
I've purchased bunches of loose
bling over the years and just
store them in jars.
Pearls are from Bo Bunny.
Ooops - I see I missed cleaning
off a bit of glue - those camera
close-ups are a good tool for those
pesky details LOL.
 
 I plan on doing a few more of these
and fill them with cards, but this
was my prototype.
 
Hope you enjoyed it.
 
 
 
 

x_3c1d1a87 photo x_3c1d1a87.gif

alt

Butterfly

5 comments:

  1. It's adorable Brenda. What a great little gift - especially when filled with cards! Thanks for sharing the You Tube video too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Brenda! Gorgeous! and a great little project for gifts or holding cards... yummy or maybe cookies or candy? Love your handbag! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...you are so talented. What a sweet little container for giving a gift to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Purses are my weakness and it carries over to paper purses too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute it is. Love it! I'm off to see the tutorial now. Thank you for sharing the link.
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments - thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips